Okay, we are all packed with cameras, snorkling gear, binnoculars and tons of receipts for traveling to the Galapogos Islands. We have quite a distance and complications in getting there. Probably easier to get there from Bozeman. We leave after school today to take a Venezuelan airline to Caracas, spend the night (we did not trust taking a morning flight as they are infamous for delayed flights, no flights or whatever.) We then take a Colombian airline, Avianca, to Bogota to Quito where we will spend the night. Quito is a fun city so we hope to go out for a really nice dinner. Then up at 4am for a 6:40am flight to the Islands which are 3 hour flight out in the Pacific. whew!
we meet the sailboat right at the airport and off we go!
We had parent teacher conferences this week. All is well with the kids and doing just fine. They are doing well academically and socially and the teachers seem to really like their energy. That was nice to hear.
Me, the social animal....it is hard to believe but have not been to a party or a dinner since we arrived here! We had our neighbor/friends over for dinner one night and we had xela's party. that's it! can you all believe it? I can't really go into it on my blog, but suffice to say, the different groups of expats here are very insular. We don't really fit into a group. Victor's work friends are all 20 years younger than us, the teachers hang together, and the "company" people only host/socialize with "company" people. Being independent, means being independent! but, don't worry about me. It is fine. I do have a couple of friends but not like my groups that I found at DU, or TX, or Caracas or BS. The most important thing, is I really enjoy the experiences that my kids are having, that we are all together etc. Actually, i am starting to get a few invitations to some "day" social events. But, that is kinda weird. (think canasta! although the last game day was with margaritas!) and we are invited to a holloween party. yeah. I wasted an entire suitcase on holloween stuff so it better be good.
There has been something that has been sent my way professionally, but i cannot write about it on the blog. Wow, this blog thing really cramps my style. I am not really qualified for the position, and everything is hush hush for one more week. Hopefully everything will work out as I want it to, as I countered offered what I thought I could do, otherwise, I think, no job. there was so much to consider concerning my professional qualifications, work load, blah blah blah.
Okay, better get this sweat off from tennis and check the passports one more time. I have NEVER prepaid for a trip before (pretty much mandatory for GI, if you are working within a specific time frame as the GI book up like crazy) and we could not get trip insurance due to our departure is outside the US. so I will relax once we are on the boat. You think the airlines in the US get bad press for customer service......try living with the nightmare of 3 different latin american airlines to get you to a vacation of a lifetime- prepaid for! Our itineraries have changed 6 times just in this week. crazy!!!
more in a week or so.
No comments:
Post a Comment